My new book is almost complete!

I’ve been under the gun, working feverishly on my new book; Quilt Blocks on American Barns.  During a trip to Chatquea, New York two years ago,  I had the opportunity to go on the Country Barn Quilt Trails of Western New York.  When I got back I started thinking about what sorts of blocks would tell the story of what I saw; blocks like Corn and Beans, Farmer’s Daughter, Hens and Chicks and of course, Hole in the Barn Door!  I introduced those blocks as my 2009 Block Party. When it was all done, I decided to make it into a book. The book is so close to go to press. So I’d better get back to work so I can share it with the rest of you!  Click here for Quilt Blocks on American Barns Pre-Order.

12 Responses to “My new book is almost complete!”

1. Donna Pheneger says:

Looking forward to your new book – I love how you include history in them!

2. Dorothy MacDougall says:

Looking forward to the new book coming out. Living in Western New York most of my life, it will be interesting to see the quilts and read your take on the area.

3. Mary Smith says:

Hope you spell “Chautauqua” correctly if it is mentioned in your book!

4. Goosey says:

I have just seen your TV shows at my friends home and we really enjoyed them, especially trip around the world, I’m going to have a go at it next week when I have a holiday. Keep blogging!

5. Marie Johnston says:

I am just thrilled that this is your new book! Just this year I added a “barn quilt” to an old machine shed on our farm! It is 8 foot square and the block is called country farm. It was quite a job and took most of my vacation to complete. You first have to find the 2 sheets of plywood with at least one smooth side. Next was several coats of primer. Then I had 5 coats of paint (to get the colors right). Last but not least was 5 coats of polyurathane front and back to protect my project. Thanks for doing this book.

6. cindyB says:

it’s not just the barn quilts that I’m ooking forward tro…. it’s the extras – history & stuff like roostrer patterns she throws in…. :)

7. I loved learning from you and Sue at your Teacher Training Course last week. Thank you for the great opportunity! I loved working on your latest American Barn Quilt and I can’t wait to get the book. Thank you for all you’ve done to make quilting what it is today. Hugs!

8. SewCalGal says:

Your books are always wonderful, but I think this new book is going to be spectacular. Can’t wait to see it!

SewCalGal

9. JoyDenise says:

So looking forward to your next book!

10. Janet Jaeger says:

I love the quilt barns in Ohio, I spend hours on the internet looking at the different blocks. I think every barn should have a quilt block, LOL. I am looking forward to the new book.
    Janet Jaeger

11. Brenda Rolfe says:

Here in Clinton County we are putting quilt blocks on barns, for the bicentennial. When a member of our quilt club started the idea she thought they would be lucky to have 25 barns to put them on. So far there has been over 50 barns. I can drive down my road alone and there are 2. What a wonderful idea. Each family that has a block on their barn can also get a block as a wall hanging for their room.
    I can’t wait to get your book and make the quilt. Thanks Brenda

12. Dee says:

It was a privilege to be at a recent teacher certification training in CA and be invited to make a block to go into a sample quilt for your Quilt Blocks on American Barns. “Keep On Strippin’!”